Upgrading Airport City REMOVES Gifts

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Upgrading Airport City REMOVES Gifts

Post by kos on Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:51 am

Hi guys, just to let you know I just upgraded Airport City on my Android phone and they have now removed a lot of the gifts that were available to give. (Just to be absolutely clear, no gifts you have already received are removed.)

So my advice to you all is to delay upgrading to the new version that is waiting in Android Market/Google Play for as long as possible and you should still be able to send all gifts as usual.

If you have already upgraded, it is possible to roll back to the version that gives all gifts, see my post below.

Unfortunately once you have upgraded, the list of gifts available to give has been reduced a lot, for me the list is:

• Fuel (3 units)
  • Biker Jacket
  • Loudspeaker
  • Air Conditioner
  • Cockpit Glass
  • Welder
  • Landing Lamp
  • Radar
  • Passengers (10)
  • Powerful Radio Transmitter
  • Textbook

• Fuel Supply
  • Jet Engine
  • Whiteboard
  • Fuel Additives
  • Power Source
  • Additional Radar
  • Amperemeter
  • Spare Wire
  • Server Rack
  • Landing Gear

• Oscillating Beacon
  • Flight Catering
  • Packaging Machine
  • Navigation Module
  • Master Plan
  • Fuel Hose
  • Gyroscope
  • Spare Propeller
  • Deicer
  • Grinding Machine
After more poking around I've found out that the items available to gift to others seems to differ slightly for each device. All the items needed for flights seem to be available for everyone, but unique items needed for buildings change. So where I have the Whiteboard in the list above, another device may have a Stapler.

Last edited by kos on Tue May 01, 2012 7:50 am; edited 2 times in total
kos
Admin

Level : 35

Back to top Go down

Re: Upgrading Airport City REMOVES Gifts

Post by AirArolon on Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:50 am

Thanks for the warning KOS.

AirArolon

Back to top Go down

Post by kos on Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:15 am

OK guys, I managed to find the previous (full gifts) version (v. 1.31), of the application on my other phone Smile so I've hosted it online for anyone to download if they want to.

I've tested this on both my Android phones and it worked perfectly without deleting my airport or breaking anything, but I'm not going to guarantee that it won't, because with smartphones I think sometimes anything can happen! Smile

So, to roll back your Airport City version from the new version (v. 1.33) that has reduced gifts, to the older version that has full gifts (v. 1.31), simply download to your android device the file at the link below:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=a5f3f21c16575382&resid=A5F3F21C16575382!144&parid=A5F3F21C16575382!121&authkey=!AJs_RExOM6sQgcY

Once you've downloaded the file, make sure that Installing applications from "Unknown Sources" is enabled (in Application Settings) and then use a file browser (such as "ES File Explorer" found in the Market/Google Play) to run the .apk file. It will warn you that this will overwrite the currently installed program so just accept that and it will then install the older version.

Once it's complete you should be good to go! Open up Airport City and make sure you can give all gifts again!

Last edited by kos on Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:06 am; edited 1 time in total
kos
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by honken77 on Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:31 pm

Hello Kos!!!

Thanks for you wrote how to do and you fixed that. Works perfectly for me. Will be a wile until I upgrade the game.

honken77

Level : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Bertus on Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:57 am

Thanks for the heads up!

One question though:
If I would remove the upgraded version, and then install your .apk, will my current game state (e.g. save game) be preserved?

Bertus

Level : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by kos on Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:06 am

I don't think so Bertus. I think if you uninstall the game from your device then all your saved data is permanently removed as well (but I'm not going to try it to find out Smile)

You have to overwrite the current version installed without ever uninstalling (this works both ways, you could even jump between 1.31 and 1.33 any time if you really liked).
kos
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mitno on Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:52 pm

I afraid it dosent work anymore....
I couldnt play without updating (i already updated before and tried to rollback)

mitno

Level : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark8757 on Sat May 05, 2012 5:53 am

I have a Razor and it will not allow for updates. It will also not accept friend codes anymore. Anyone know if other Android phones are not upgradable?

Mark8757

Back to top Go down

Post by Benzo123 on Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:37 am

kos wrote:Once you've downloaded the file, make sure that Installing applications from "Unknown Sources" is enabled (in Application Settings) and then use a file browser (such as "ES File Explorer" found in the Market/Google Play Store to run the .apk file.

What .apk file?

Level : 32

http://www.benzoairportcity.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tamildv on Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:04 am

Have you had a look at the link KOS posted in his 2nd message?

hint - starts with https://skydrive!!!

Benzo123 wrote:
kos wrote:Once you've downloaded the file, make sure that Installing applications from "Unknown Sources" is enabled (in Application Settings) and then use a file browser (such as "ES File Explorer" found in the Market/Google Play Store to run the .apk file.

What .apk file?

Android: TDV19 (a73gb88) - Game abandoned Evil or Very Mad 
Android: TDV23 (aa0rgdo) - Game abandoned (V1.31)
iOS: TDVCrApple2 (TDVCrApple2) - Currently unable to gift back (V1.18) Evil or Very Mad 

T-DV1, T-DV2, T-DV3,TDV4,TDV17/TDV18 can't gift back

If your profile is not upto date I will not be able to send you anything.

Please post your friend code in Daily Swapping Thread. Please ensure your in-game name is filled out

If you like What I posted - click the Like button here:
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   V
tamildv

Level : 40 (276 stars), 9 Hearts

http://airportcity.the-talk.net/u50

Back to top Go down

Post by Benzo123 on Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:11 am

Yes I did tamildv. I downloaded the file but I couldn't find a .apk file.

Back to top Go down

Post by tamildv on Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:27 am

Sorry it was not obvious from your post. The full name of the file you download from the link is "Airport City_1.31.apk" - perhaps the .31.apk bit is confusing your system. Just rename the file you have download to "AC131.apk" - then copy it over to you phone/device and you should be able to install it.

Let me know if you are still stuck.

Benzo123 wrote:Yes I did tamildv. I downloaded the file but I couldn't find a .apk file.

iOS: TDVCrApple2 (TDVCrApple2) - Currently unable to gift back (V1.18) Evil or Very Mad 

Please post your friend code in Daily Swapping Thread. Please ensure your in-game name is filled out

|
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   V
tamildv

Back to top Go down

Post by Benzo123 on Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:29 am

I downloaded it but it was a zip file.

Back to top Go down

Post by tamildv on Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:35 am

I just downloaded it again to double check it is definitely an apk file (19.4MB in size). Like I said if you rename it to ac131.apk – you should be good to go...

Or else I will upload a copy to another location if you want.

Benzo123 wrote:I downloaded it but it was a zip file.

|
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   V
tamildv

Back to top Go down

Post by Benzo123 on Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:26 am

It worked tamildv but more problems now. 1) Almost everyone appears as 'username' 2) Nadlen Airborn is now displayed like a normal friend, with no avatar and you can send her a gift. Doesnt really matter but it is strange.

Back to top Go down

Post by tamildv on Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:41 am

Hi,

Glad you got it working!!! - the "username" is a known issue, I think this is an airport city server issue (I have tried various versions and still the name issue remains). Yes Madlen Airborn does appear as a regular user – as version 1.31 was not aware of it being a computer neighbour and you can gift to her but will not get anything back. I think it is V1.36 that this changes properly. But rest of the things should be ok…

Benzo123 wrote:It worked tamildv but more problems now. 1) Almost everyone appears as 'username' 2) Nadlen Airborn is now displayed like a normal friend, with no avatar and you can send her a gift. Doesnt really matter but it is strange.

EDIT - Looks like they have fixed the issue with the username - restart the game and all should be ok - I still have two as username and Medlen Airborn is appearing as username. So perhaps it will sort itself out.

|
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   V
tamildv

Back to top Go down

Post by stopn on Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:23 am

"username" problem has not cleared for me dispite restarting. Hope they remedy it soon. Evil or Very Mad

stopn

Level : 35 (91 Stars)

Back to top Go down

Post by ArchosTab456 on Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:28 am

Username issue is mostly fixed. Tamildv and StopN, I will send you fuel 3 until I unlock what you would like. Please could you send me passengers (10).

ArchosTab456

Items I Can Gift : On old version so can send all items but I haven't unlocked them all yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by ArchosTab456 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:27 am

I updated to the newest version from v1.31 to check the number of flights I needed for each flight (can not do on old version) then tried to download the apk file from the skydrive link again but would bot work. Just kept getting 'download unsuccessful'. It will be an issue with my tablet not the link or AC but anyone any disease about how to download it. My phone just won't download it. When you click on the link the page loads but it won't start the download.

ArchosTab456

Items I Can Gift : On old version so can send all items but I haven't unlocked them all yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by ArchosTab456 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:07 pm

Tamildv, or anyone really, would it be possible for you to put the download somewhere else on the internet and provide me with the link. My phone just doesn't like the link. I thought it might work if the download file was somewhere else?

ArchosTab456

Back to top Go down

Post by tamildv on Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:37 pm

Hi, will look at hosting it in an alternative place, it might be this evening (GMT).

P.S> You do know that you can download the file using any device (pc/phones etc) and just copy it over to the SD card of the target device.

|
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   V
tamildv

Back to top Go down

Post by Benzo123 on Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:10 am

tamildv wrote:P.S> You do know that you can download the file using any device (pc/phones etc) and just copy it over to the SD card of the target device.

No I didn't. I will try that from my laptop.

Back to top Go down

Post by mekgmg on Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:26 pm

I have as ththth (friend code xcfm1x) managed to roll back to version 1.31.

That means all gifts available ( soon as I need to reach level 32, which I will do to be able to gift all gifts)

Feel free to add me so I can gift. Please add your request after your user id, so I know what to send.

As mekgmg I only gift once in a while when the time fits according to time travel, and I dont have access to all gifts.

It is not required to gift ththth, as once reaching level 32 I wont play the account. But let me know if you quit, so I can add others waiting.

mekgmg is played on a pad, and that works a lot better/ quicker than on the phone.
mekgmg

Level : 35 ( 101 stars)
Items I Can Gift : Gift available: Dnd sign, Fuel (3), , Air Conditoner, Cockpit Glass, Welder, Landing Lamp, Copy Machine, Passengers (10), Flight Goggles, Fuel Supply, Jet Engine, Stapler, Fuel Aditives, Power Source, Additional Radar, Shredder, Spare Wire, Hull Parts, Landing Gear, Oscillating Beacon, Flight Catering, Packaging Machine, Navigation module, Master plan, Fuel hose, Gyroscope, Spare propeller, Deicer, Air filter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top