Problem with cable modem

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problem with cable modem

Post by offler on Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:55 pm

I have a cable modem at home. Should be fast in speed, but sometimes we experience problems when downloading P2P Wink with programs like BitComet. It seems when it reachs a max number of connections the modem blocks and needs to be reseted.

The fact is that we don't use P2P so often, and during the last week we have experienced a lot of similar problems. We didn't use BitComet at all, and my guess is that problems happen while using AirportCity

Right now I reseted, and I am writing with AirportCity not started as a test.

Did anyone experience similar problems?

Sorry ... my game has crashed and reseted .... Time to leave !

offler

Level : Level 35
Items I Can Gift : See signature

http://www.lonasyaccesorios.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem with cable modem

Post by Bastoska on Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:42 am

Sounds more like a issue with your server/internet provider. Your speed can be affected by what others who are on your same line are doing. I notice my speed varies depending on the time of day, i.e. during evening times when most people are home and online it is very slow compared to mid-mornings when most people are at work. If your problem happens around the same time everyday, then you could be competing with your neighbors.

Level : 55
Items I Can Gift : Fuel 3 Units, Passengers (5), Fuel Catalyst, Bath Towel, ATM, Single Malt Whiskey, Paint, Generator, Great Shots, Landing Lamp, Radar, Handling Line, Passengers (10), Powerful Radio Transmitter, Video Wall, Flight Helmet, Eau de Toilette, Fuel Supply, Aircraft Tire, Stapler, Fuel Additives, Drill Machine, Spaceship Launch Console, Additional Radar, Makeup, Cash Counter, Lining Plate, Passenger Seat, Oscillating Beacon, Flight Catering, Packaging Machine, Navigation Module, City Model, Fuel Hose, Altimeter, Spare Propeller, Deicer, Air Vent Filter, Wireless Compass, Dryer, Blanket, Attitude Indicator

Back to top Go down

Post by offler on Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:32 am

Thank you, in fact while the whole weekend was terrible, having to reset the router again and again ... today didn't happen again

Sorry ... my game has crashed and reseted .... Time to leave !

offler

Level : Level 35
Items I Can Gift : See signature

http://www.lonasyaccesorios.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bastoska on Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:28 am

^^^^^ Try checking your connection speed at various times of the day, and see if you notice a pattern of slow speeds when your router gives you problems. Also make sure you have a good firewall, otherwise your system could get hijacked, which will slow things down.

Level : 55
Items I Can Gift : Fuel 3 Units, Passengers (5), Fuel Catalyst, Bath Towel, ATM, Single Malt Whiskey, Paint, Generator, Great Shots, Landing Lamp, Radar, Handling Line, Passengers (10), Powerful Radio Transmitter, Video Wall, Flight Helmet, Eau de Toilette, Fuel Supply, Aircraft Tire, Stapler, Fuel Additives, Drill Machine, Spaceship Launch Console, Additional Radar, Makeup, Cash Counter, Lining Plate, Passenger Seat, Oscillating Beacon, Flight Catering, Packaging Machine, Navigation Module, City Model, Fuel Hose, Altimeter, Spare Propeller, Deicer, Air Vent Filter, Wireless Compass, Dryer, Blanket, Attitude Indicator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top