Coin yield by building and how often they pay

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Coin yield by building and how often they pay

Post by 777Driver on Sat May 05, 2012 9:39 am

After figuring out that there are two ways to approach the building of your city (either appearance or functionality), I decided to go with the layout that would produce the most money and passengers as fast as possible. Asthetics be damned. No roads and nice city blocks with plants, etc. Just the minimum road needed to activate the building.

Also, as posted in another thread, I group similar buildings together so I can cash in at the same time, allowing for easy, timed collections. Most pay in the 15min, 30min, or 1hr intervals. By checking my game every hour or so if possible, I can collect upwards of 4000 coins per hour. In a good day, and checking in every 20 min or so like an obsessed stalker, I can produce almost 30,000 coins! Theorhetically, if I collected every time coin was available in my current setup, I could yield over 75,000 coin per 24 hour period. But even I'm not that insane. If only I could get cash/banknotes the same way.

True, having 6 Car Dealerships, 6 Circuses, 6 Bowling Alleys, 6 Bridal Shops, 6 Grocery Stores and 1 restaurant don't make for the most diverse town, but it produces capital!

Here's a list of the best buildings by return, how much coin they give in a 24 hour period, and how often they pay.

Yield / Building / Yield Interval
$2592 Car Dealership pays x 20 min
$2592 Rock Show Campground pays x 20 min
$1728 Bridal Shop pays x 20 min
$1392 Bowling Alley pays x 60 min
$1296 Grocery Store pays x 10 min
$1056 Flower Shop pays x 15 min
$1056 Gazebo pays x 15 min
$1008 Circus pays 8 hr
$960 Donut Shop pays x 60 min
$864 Sweet Shop pays x 20 min
$480 Drug Store pays x 60 min
$420 Movie Theatre pays x 24hr
$378 Mega Mall pays x 8hr
$237 History Museum pays x 18hr
$180 Book Store pays x 4hr
$180 Sports Store pays x 24hr
$168 Water Park pays x 72hr
$126 Seafood Restaurant pays x 8hr
$102 Exhibition Center pays x 48hr

Strange how the most expensive and largest buldings yield so little. Can't figure out how to post a screencap, or I would show you my "business district." Hmm, that almost sounds dirty!

EDIT: Thanks for the help SR-71. Here's my Business District; all clumped together for easy harvesting!

[img][/img]

And ready for collection every hour (except for the Circuses which take 8hrs)

[img][/img]

Last edited by 777Driver on Sat May 05, 2012 9:49 pm; edited 3 times in total
777Driver

Level : 30

Back to top Go down

Re: Coin yield by building and how often they pay

Post by 777Driver on Sat May 05, 2012 9:45 am

To clarify. The numbers represent the 24hour payout. But the 20 min payout on the Car Dealership, for example, would be 36 coins (2592 divided by the number of 20 min periods in a day - 72)

So, if you have 6 Car Dealerships like I do, they will pay out 216 coins every 20 minutes or 648 every hour if you collect whenever they are available. That equals over 15000 coins for dealerships alone in one 24 hour period.
Make sense?
777Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by SR71 on Sat May 05, 2012 10:02 am

777Driver wrote:Can't figure out how to post a screencap, or I would show you my "business district." Hmm, that almost sounds dirty!

Tap on the button to the right of the treasure chest button (it has a picture of three people on it), then tap the camera button. This will give you an option to save a screen shot.

SR71

Level : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by 777Driver on Sat May 05, 2012 10:40 am

Thanks! actuallly, I hace the screencaps, but I meant I couldnt figure out how to post it here. it said something about not being able to stick images onto the board..... That it had to be a link to a web page? Any thoughts?
777Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by SR71 on Sat May 05, 2012 2:44 pm

777Driver wrote:I meant I couldnt figure out how to post it here. it said something about not being able to stick images onto the board..... That it had to be a link to a web page? Any thoughts?

Ah, gotcha. In that case you need to use a seperate image hosting service to upload your pictures. Try http://imageshack.us or http://tinypic.com. Once uploaded, you should then be able to use the link generated in your posts here.

SR71

Back to top Go down

Post by mitno on Sat May 05, 2012 7:01 pm

you must also consider the size of the building.
IMHO much more meaningful factor would be money/(time to collect*size)
for example:
car dealership - 36/(20*4)= 0.45
Grocery - 9/(10*1)=0.9

and so on....

mitno

Level : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by 777Driver on Sat May 05, 2012 7:24 pm

That's an interesting point. But that involves math, and it hurts my head! Seriously though, space is a major consideration in this game given the cost of property and the fact that there is no real way to generate significant amounts of cash to buy the land.

Regardless, I've found that the biggest, most expensive, longest to construct and longest payout interval almost always pay the least.

And I won't even go into the fact that after paying out the a$$ for the Flight Catering Center (80,000 plus 12 items/24 cash) and waiting 24hrs to build, it only produces 1 every 12 hrs! What the hell? Which means is you want to have more that 2 flights a day, you have to buy them. Surprise, surprise. They always screw you coming and going.
777Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by mitno on Sun May 06, 2012 1:16 am

wow... i just seen your business district pictures... what a waste of space with the roads..... you should really consider optimizing your use of space...

mitno

Back to top Go down

Post by 777Driver on Sun May 06, 2012 6:07 am

Hmm. I actually thought I had done a decent job of minimizing wasted space. Only placing roads where the game required to complete to buildings. But, I am always up for suggestions. I have made so many mistakes playing the game, that have cost me time and money to fix. Up until now, and hopefully with the new neighbor thing (which I can't figure out) I felt like I was going at this alone.

So....suggestions?
777Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by mitno on Sun May 06, 2012 4:49 pm

first of all only one square of road is necessary to each building so if you have more than one square together - you are wasting space.
for example I put my business district screen capture. you can notice that i have only 13 squares of road on 8x12 map (13% of space). i figure that in your case its at least twice that much and that means you can build at leat 5-6 (probably more) buildings without buying any expansions...

mitno

Back to top Go down

Post by Glad2BMe on Sun May 06, 2012 7:07 pm

do you have a business section and a separate housing section?
question to both mitno and 777driver

Collect as much coins as possible, build more land to by housing.......If so how are you getting your passagers while you are collecting coins?

Glad2BMe

Level : 35 - 99 stars
Items I Can Gift : Items available to share: Fuel (3 units),5 Passengers, Air Conditioner, Computer, Cockpit Glass, Paint, Welder, Generator, Landing Lamp, Radar, Copy Machine, Projector,Dispatcher Console, Passengers (10), Fuel (20 units), Powerful Radio Transmitter, Flight Helmet, Flight Goggles, Slide Rule, Textbook, Guestbook, fuel Supply, Jet Engine, Aircraft Tire, Stapler, Weather Display, Wide-angle Binoculars, Whiteboard, Calculator, Fuel Additives, Power Source, Drill Machine, Insulation, Addition Radar, Ampermeter, Shredder, Cash Counter, Smoke Detector, Ergonomic Chair, Spare Wire, Laser Cutter, Hull Parts, Lining Plate, Server Rack, Stamp, Landing Gear, Passenger Seat, Oscillating Beacon, Flight Catering, Packing Machine, Cooling Chamber, Navigation Module, Archive Box, City Model, Master Plan, Transmitter, Fuel Hose,gyroscope, Altimeter, Spare Propeller, Deicer, TV

Back to top Go down

Post by 777Driver on Sun May 06, 2012 7:52 pm

mitno wrote:first of all only one square of road is necessary to each building so if you have more than one square together - you are wasting space.
for example I put my business district screen capture. you can notice that i have only 13 squares of road on 8x12 map (13% of space). i figure that in your case its at least twice that much and that means you can build at leat 5-6 (probably more) buildings without buying any expansions...

Thanks for the suggestions. As I look at my setup, I can only see a couple places that the road is wasted. Almost all buldings have only one road square activating them. Also, it's tough to shuffle so many buildings at this point to free up a few squares - which I think is all I could maybe yield. But if you have a specific suggestion as to what I could move, I'd love to hear it!

I love seeing how other's have setup their games! By the way, without sounding like an ass, how do you generate enough coin to get so far in the game with so few businesses? You've seen how big my bus. district is and as mentioned, I'm generating between 20k and 30k per day, and it's still tough to come up with the 200,000 payment for the control tower I bought last night. How do you do it?

Oh, and one suggestion, if i may. Why don't you get rid of that movie theatre and replace it with a car dealership and a couple gazebos? The theatre yields 420 a day; dealership and a few gazebos could yield +5500/day! In less space (Theatre = 9 squares, Dealership = 4, Gazebos = 1) Just a thought.

One last thing...thanks again for sharing the screencap. By seeing it I realized the campground was not just a random buildout, and are avail for multiple buys. So I ditched a few useless mansions and bought 5 more. That's another 12,960 a day!! Thanks!
777Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by 777Driver on Sun May 06, 2012 8:20 pm

Glad2BMe wrote:do you have a business section and a separate housing section?
question to both mitno and 777driver

Collect as much coins as possible, build more land to by housing.......If so how are you getting your passagers while you are collecting coins?

I do have seperate areas for ease of "harvesting." Every time I check in on the game, I collect coin. And when I'm doing flight ops, I get the passengers I need. At first they were kind of mixed, then I went with the seperate "districts" and it's great. Passenger and coin generate at the same time, and I'm never in need of passengers, running 3 jets and 3 jumbos.

Not sure what you mean about how do I get passengers while collectiong coins. They happened simultaneously. My Business District you saw above; here is my Residential District that is nextdoor:

[img][/img]
777Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by SR71 on Sun May 06, 2012 8:30 pm

777Driver wrote:Why don't you get rid of that movie theatre and replace it with a car dealership and a couple gazebos? The theatre yields 420 a day; dealership and a few gazebos could yield +5500/day! In less space (Theatre = 9 squares, Dealership = 4, Gazebos = 1) Just a thought.

I guess it depends on how much time you have to play the game. Potential yield is irrelevant if you don't have the time to collect! In that sense, slow yield buildings like the Movie Theatre can still be useful if you don't have the time to collect more than a few times a day.

SR71

Back to top Go down

Post by mitno on Sun May 06, 2012 9:17 pm

777Driver wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions. As I look at my setup, I can only see a couple places that the road is wasted. Almost all buldings have only one road square activating them. Also, it's tough to shuffle so many buildings at this point to free up a few squares - which I think is all I could maybe yield. But if you have a specific suggestion as to what I could move, I'd love to hear it!

its not about squeezing one more building in your current setup, its about rearranging the whole logic of placing the buildings. i stand by my claim that you could easily place 5-6 (and probably more) buildings if you do it wisely.
as to mooving buildings when there is no space, it's easy, just delete some roads and start packing buildings in one corner (with no roads at all) when you do that you will have 1/4 of your area free. then you can start mooving the buildings freely.
My main advise is - PLAN AHEAD. Just treat it as a ridle (i remember that math make you a head ache, but try anyay Surprised ). the riddle is how to place your buildings with the minimum number of road squers. the objective is to accomplish this with no more then 15% of the area (even less if possible) is occupied with roads.
As to how much it will yield - Just make the math. count the roads squers you have now and calculate how much is 15% out of your current area. Then calculate the difference. This is the amount of space you can earn...

mitno

Back to top Go down

Post by mitno on Sun May 06, 2012 9:22 pm

777Driver wrote:
I love seeing how other's have setup their games! By the way, without sounding like an ass, how do you generate enough coin to get so far in the game with so few businesses? You've seen how big my bus. district is and as mentioned, I'm generating between 20k and 30k per day, and it's still tough to come up with the 200,000 payment for the control tower I bought last night. How do you do it?

I think that progress in this game is all about finding the balance between coins collection and passengers. For example if you yield a lot of passengers you can gain a lot of experience from flights but you wouldnt be able to buy all the advanced buildings, and the other way around, all the coins in the world won't make you progress if you can't make a lot of flights.
I also generate about 20k a day out of the combination of flying, collecting from buildings and landing guest plans. The thing is that people tend to underestimate the little buildings and the guest plans but its a huge mistake. guest plans can yield tons of money, experience and spare parts for your plans and you dont need to buy expensive extensions to land them. Same for the small buildings, your precious car dealerships yield 36 coins in 20 minutes, a grocery on the other hand yields 18 coins in 20 minutes but you can put 4 groceries instead of one car dealership and collect twice as much coins (18*4=72) in the same time using the same space. So the moral of all my nonsense written above is that size DOES matter and that planing your setup wisely can yield the same profits with much less space (i have bought only 2 expansions to my building area).
Oh, one more thing, I strongly advise you to stop making decisions according to potential gain. If you calculate your potential gain, you will get an astronomic number of at least 200k a day, but yet you yield only 30k. The potential calculation is useless because you dont really play the game 24/7 as you calculate, do you? Why should I care how much a building can yield at night if i cant collect it? The much more wiser way to estimate the efficiency of a building is to estimate how much times you can collect from it.
lets do 2 examples.
1. I estimate that i can collect from a car dealership not more then 12 times a day. So its contribution for me is about: 36*12/4=108 coins per square per day
2. I can collect from the movie theater once a day So the contribution is: 420*1/9=46.7 oins per square per day. Its less than the car dealership but not as bad as you would think if you only relay on potential gain.
I hope I helped a bit Very Happy

mitno

Back to top Go down

Post by Glad2BMe on Tue May 08, 2012 6:03 pm

Thanks a bunch. All this information helps many. Wink
Glad2BMe

Level : 35 - 99 stars
Items I Can Gift : Items available to share: Fuel (3 units),5 Passengers, Air Conditioner, Computer, Cockpit Glass, Paint, Welder, Generator, Landing Lamp, Radar, Copy Machine, Projector,Dispatcher Console, Passengers (10), Fuel (20 units), Powerful Radio Transmitter, Flight Helmet, Flight Goggles, Slide Rule, Textbook, Guestbook, fuel Supply, Jet Engine, Aircraft Tire, Stapler, Weather Display, Wide-angle Binoculars, Whiteboard, Calculator, Fuel Additives, Power Source, Drill Machine, Insulation, Addition Radar, Ampermeter, Shredder, Cash Counter, Smoke Detector, Ergonomic Chair, Spare Wire, Laser Cutter, Hull Parts, Lining Plate, Server Rack, Stamp, Landing Gear, Passenger Seat, Oscillating Beacon, Flight Catering, Packing Machine, Cooling Chamber, Navigation Module, Archive Box, City Model, Master Plan, Transmitter, Fuel Hose,gyroscope, Altimeter, Spare Propeller, Deicer, TV

Back to top Go down

Post by AirArolon on Thu May 10, 2012 2:37 am

mitno wrote:
777Driver wrote:

its not about squeezing one more building in your current setup, its about rearranging the whole logic of placing the buildings. i stand by my claim that you could easily place 5-6 (and probably more) buildings if you do it wisely.
as to mooving buildings when there is no space, it's easy, just delete some roads and start packing buildings in one corner (with no roads at all) when you do that you will have 1/4 of your area free. then you can start mooving the buildings freely.
My main advise is - PLAN AHEAD. Just treat it as a ridle (i remember that math make you a head ache, but try anyay Surprised ). the riddle is how to place your buildings with the minimum number of road squers. the objective is to accomplish this with no more then 15% of the area (even less if possible) is occupied with roads.
As to how much it will yield - Just make the math. count the roads squers you have now and calculate how much is 15% out of your current area. Then calculate the difference. This is the amount of space you can earn...

Question Mitno, do you play this on a tablet or a smartphone? if smartphone, what size is your screen?

I find that some players play on a tablet with big screen and it's easy for them to city plan. It's much more of a pain in the a$$ to move buildings around on a smaller screen smartphone.

AirArolon

Back to top Go down

Post by mitno on Fri May 11, 2012 6:54 am

I play on Samsung note. but I do the planing of building locations using Excel

mitno

Back to top Go down

Post by AirArolon on Fri May 11, 2012 5:25 pm

mitno wrote:I play on Samsung note. but I do the planing of building locations using Excel

The 5.3" mega phone? Haha. I was just playing with one tonight at an ATT store. The Note is massive. It's much easier to place/build out the city intricately with a tablet. ;-)

AirArolon

Back to top Go down

Post by petegm on Sun May 13, 2012 4:26 am

I plan 0.25 road space per building, anything above that is waste.
So if I have 20 building 1x1, I need 25 spaces, (20*1.25 = 25)
4 building 2x2, I need 17 spaces (4x 2x2+4x0.25 = 17)

I will never get a perfect layout, but if I have 100 spaces and get an efficiency of 96 spaces, I feel pretty good.

See other tips at
http://airportcity.the-talk.net/t9-placing-buildings-right-beside-each-other#489

petegm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top