Total Noob looking for basic beginner advice...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Total Noob looking for basic beginner advice...

Post by Rueprim on Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:50 am

Hey all,

I've played resource management/builder games before and I know that early decisions can often be very important to long-term success and enjoyment, so I don't want to start on the wrong foot before I get a feel for the game. I looked here for a basic beginner's guide, but didn't find anything comprehensive. If those who read this post could provide one or two beginner's tips, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Remember, I'm a total noob, so don't think anything is too basic or obvious! Very Happy

Thanks in advance!

Rue
Rueprim

Level : 23
Items I Can Gift : disposable shampoo; goal posts; computer; single malt; cockpit glass; welder; tour review; landing lamp; copy machine; rope block, passengers, powerful radio transmitter, robot tester, textbook, eau de toilette, fuel supply, jet engine, wide-angle binocs, fuel additive, power source, additional radar, white gold bracelet, shredder, spare wire, hull parts, landing gear, oscillating beacon, flight catering, defroster, navigation module, master plan

Back to top Go down

Re: Total Noob looking for basic beginner advice...

Post by tamildv on Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:40 pm

Hi Rue,

I will try to get a guide uploaded tonight....

but in the mean time... DO NOT SPEND YOUR GREENS (cash) in AC - you will need it at a later stage to expand your airport...

As you are just starting at level 5 - I would suggest (for the time being) irnore the missions (these are the ones on the left of you screen scrolling up and down) and concentrate on sending your planes to Egypt or cyprus

Or Small village (as the case might be) till I get the guide uploaded...

and Welcome to the forum cheers

Android: TDV19 (a73gb88) - Game abandoned Evil or Very Mad 
Android: TDV23 (aa0rgdo) - Game abandoned (V1.31)
iOS: TDVCrApple2 (TDVCrApple2) - Currently unable to gift back (V1.18) Evil or Very Mad 

T-DV1, T-DV2, T-DV3,TDV4,TDV17/TDV18 can't gift back

If your profile is not upto date I will not be able to send you anything.

Please post your friend code in Daily Swapping Thread. Please ensure your in-game name is filled out

If you like What I posted - click the Like button here:
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   V
tamildv

Level : 40 (276 stars), 9 Hearts

http://airportcity.the-talk.net/u50

Back to top Go down

Post by Rueprim on Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:08 am

A beginner's guide sounds awesome! I'll be looking forward to reading it. In the meantime, should I not build anything other than those buildings required to get Egypt/Cyprus missions?

Thanks,

Things I can gift: disposable shampoo; goal posts; computer; single malt; cockpit glass; welder; tour review; landing lamp; copy machine; rope block, passengers, powerful radio transmitter, robot tester, textbook, eau de toilette, fuel supply, jet engine, wide-angle binocs, fuel additive, power source, additional radar, white gold bracelet, shredder, spare wire, hull parts, landing gear, oscillating beacon, flight catering, defroster, navigation module, master plan
Rueprim

Items I Can Gift : disposable shampoo; goal posts; computer; single malt; cockpit glass; welder; tour review; landing lamp; copy machine; rope block, passengers, powerful radio transmitter, robot tester, textbook, eau de toilette, fuel supply, jet engine, wide-angle binocs, fuel additive, power source, additional radar, white gold bracelet, shredder, spare wire, hull parts, landing gear, oscillating beacon, flight catering, defroster, navigation module, master plan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rueprim on Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:56 pm

Any other thoughts from the experts for a beginner?

I'm holding off playing much as I don't want to dig an irreversible hole, but I seem to have good items that I can gift, so I'm going to hold onto the game I started.

Even the smallest pieces of advice are much appreciated.
Rueprim

Back to top Go down

Post by ap007 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:31 am

Any update

ap007

Level : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by thebear on Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:45 pm

Like tamildv said. Dont spend any greens. I made that mistake and im still paying for it. ?
thebear

Level : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by rgrubejr on Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:13 am

I have the same question basically. I am at a spot in the game, I'm not sure what to do, and why it does some stuff on it's own. When I get on to the game, there are times where I am totally confused. At times when I get to my airport, it tells me that I have already sent gifts to all my neighbors, when this happens, I can go to a neighbors airport, and it tells me I need to come back the next day, I have already reached my max for the day and need more points, and to get more points, I am not sure how to get more, is it by flying, or by visiting neighbors airports. Sorry I have many questions. When at other peoples airports, if I click on the exclamation point if I were to click on those, will I be able to do some of the tasks, like the weeds, flowers, whatever it could be above. Last one for now. On gifting, at times I can click on the incoming gift. I have gotten different messages. I can get one and it will ask take, I can click on that, it will then just have a green check mark in the box and to get it out of that area I have to hit the X button on the top right side. Other times I will get a take and return gift, I do this and it will leave the area in my gift box, I will then get the thank you your neighbors will like this. If I hit the keep and return button, does it just send back the same gift. And the last part, I can go to my neighbor area and hit the gift box, I can then send what I want to.

rgrubejr

Level : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by Canterbury on Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:59 pm

rgrubejr wrote:I have the same question basically. I am at a spot in the game, I'm not sure what to do, and why it does some stuff on it's own. When I get on to the game, there are times where I am totally confused. At times when I get to my airport, it tells me that I have already sent gifts to all my neighbors, when this happens, I can go to a neighbors airport, and it tells me I need to come back the next day, I have already reached my max for the day and need more points, and to get more points,
Each "day" you can do 2 tasks regarding neighbors - these are not dependent on each other
A. Send Gifts to your neighbors
B. Visit your neighbors airport

A. Each 24hour period you can gift a max of 20 gifts to your neighbors. This doesn't increase; regardless of what lvl you are:
There are 3 ways to gift:
1 - The Present box when you visit neighbors bottom left of screen
2 - The 3 person icon/and again 3 person icon/neighbors tab/ then present box (best view for knowing who you've already sent gifts too as if you've sent a neighbor a gift the present box while be grey'd out
3 - The Present Box bottom right of screen - (good for multiple gift sending at once)

rgrubejr wrote: I am not sure how to get more, is it by flying, or by visiting neighbors airports
B. Again each day you can visit your neighbors. How many neighbors depends on the level of hearts. [sorry i dont know the ratio] Your heart level is viewed when you visit a neighbor in the top left of screen. Each visit to a neighbor you can collect 5 items. Once all items have been collected you receive a "heart token". This adds to the counter. At the begining of the game you need several tokens to increase to the next level. At level 7 me for eg- i need 600 tokens (visits to neighbors) to get to level 8. The higher the level the more visits.

rgrubejr wrote: Sorry I have many questions. When at other peoples airports, if I click on the exclamation point if I were to click on those, will I be able to do some of the tasks, like the weeds, flowers, whatever it could be above

Visiting Neighbors
There are 3 main icons when visiting neighbors and a special 4th,-the exclamation point-
1. Fuel - Clicking a Fuel icon gives you 1 additional fuel and (gives your neighbor the same additional unit(s))
2. Passengers - Clicking a passenger icon gives you 2 additional passengers and ( " ^ ^ " )
3. Dollar - Clicking a dollar icon gives you $5 dollars and ( " ^ ^ " )
4. Exclamation point - Special quest items. May or may not drop a quest item.

Additionally items 1 thru 3 may also drop quest items.

rgrubejr wrote:. Last one for now. On gifting, at times I can click on the incoming gift. I have gotten different messages. I can get one and it will ask take, I can click on that, it will then just have a green check mark in the box and to get it out of that area I have to hit the X button on the top right side. Other times I will get a take and return gift, I do this and it will leave the area in my gift box, I will then get the thank you your neighbors will like this. If I hit the keep and return button, does it just send back the same gift. And the last part, I can go to my neighbor area and hit the gift box, I can then send what I want to.

You can only send 1 gift to a neighbor every day until the day re-sets (this is not usually mid-night maybe any time of the day)
When you goto the gifts screen you can see 2 tabs -Outgoing/Incoming
You can:
(i) -Incoming tab- "take" then "send in return" and it will disappear (sending that item to them IF you have that item in your gift list. (All items in the Outgoing Tab) -if you don't it will send a gift from the same group of gifts _Dont ask what the groups are cause i have no idea...- send in return is very misleading in this respect!
(ii) - Incoming tab "take" then you can choose a different item to send that neighbor from the Outgoing Tab. once you have done this the "send in return" will disappear from the users gift (u cant send 2 gifts), so you simply click the x to remove it.
If you receive a gift and take it - and the send in return isn't there - it means you've already sent that neighbor a gift during that 24hr period......
Clear as mud!

Giftable lvl9 items Turnstile, 3d Printer
Giftable lvl8 items Fingerprint Reader

Requests
Repair Items
Fuel 20

Please PM me if you send a neighbor request so I know who's who; otherwise it will be ignored and eventually deleted!
Canterbury

Level : 50, 232
Items I Can Gift : NZL:, Fuel Catalyst, dnd, Bench, ATM, Whiskey, Cockpit Glass, Welder, Album, Landing Lamp, Copy Machine, Channel Bar, Passengers (10), P R Trans, Assembly Robot, Guestbook, Cognac, Fuel Supply, Jet Engine, Binocluars, Fuel Additves, Drill Machine, Optical System, Add Radar, w/G Bracelet, Cash Counter, Spare Wire, Lining Plate, Landing Gear, Osc Beacon,Flight Catering, Packaging Machine, Nav Module, City Model, Fuel Hose, Gyroscope, Spare Propeller, Deicer, Air Vent Filter, Turnstile, Fingerprint Reader, 3d printer, Wireless Compass, Washing Machine, Blanket, Altitude Indicator

Back to top Go down

Post by rgrubejr on Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:15 pm

Canterbury, Thank you very much for taking the time and explaining it, bit by bit. I understand a lot of things that I had no clue about. One quick question, were you able to get all of this done just by the codes, and going to neighbor's airports, or did you have to eventually buy coins or dollars. Once again thank you for your time.

rgrubejr

Level : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by Canterbury on Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:31 pm

Nope, would never spend money on something like this....

Giftable lvl9 items Turnstile, 3d Printer
Giftable lvl8 items Fingerprint Reader

Requests
Repair Items
Fuel 20

Please PM me if you send a neighbor request so I know who's who; otherwise it will be ignored and eventually deleted!
Canterbury

Level : 50, 232
Items I Can Gift : NZL:, Fuel Catalyst, dnd, Bench, ATM, Whiskey, Cockpit Glass, Welder, Album, Landing Lamp, Copy Machine, Channel Bar, Passengers (10), P R Trans, Assembly Robot, Guestbook, Cognac, Fuel Supply, Jet Engine, Binocluars, Fuel Additves, Drill Machine, Optical System, Add Radar, w/G Bracelet, Cash Counter, Spare Wire, Lining Plate, Landing Gear, Osc Beacon,Flight Catering, Packaging Machine, Nav Module, City Model, Fuel Hose, Gyroscope, Spare Propeller, Deicer, Air Vent Filter, Turnstile, Fingerprint Reader, 3d printer, Wireless Compass, Washing Machine, Blanket, Altitude Indicator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirima on Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:39 am

Some of my tips:
- don't buy a hotel early in the game. You need objects you can only get from friends, and there are almost no people who can gift the all inclusive armbands needed.
Same goes for the travel agency and the tax free shop. They take up valuable space.
- don't focus on passenger buildings, but on coin giving buildings. The first 10 levels or so you need more money than passengers.
- buy land with coins at first. The first few extensions can be bought with coins. Later you need green currency. Save up and wait for the 50% offer they have about every 4 weeks.
- Be sure to get your weekend code.

I started my first game spring last year. I bought currency a few times. When my device broke, I added it all up, and I was surprised at how much I spent.
GI was kind enough to transfer the bought currency to my new game. My husband is playing that now, and with more than 800 to start with, his airport is huge.
When my device got repaired, I started again, putting in effect the things I learned. I am at level 31 now without money spent.

Items I can gift:
Mirim:
All inclusive brac,, Paystation, Video screen, Pearl Ear rings, Paint, Generator, Travel guide, Projector, Sandbag, Fuel, Video wall, Cognac, Jet Engine, Whiteboard, Power drill, Rocket launch panel, Armband, Money count machine, fill plate?, Landing Gear, City plan, Altimeter, tv-screen, router, detection ports

Eddy:
Don't disturb, Seats, Computer, Chocolates, Cockpit Glass, Welder, Foto album, Kopier, U-thingy?, Passenger, Assembly robot, cassier terminal, Cognac, Jet Engine, Stapler, Solar Panel, Ampere meter, Laser cutter, Landing Gear, Cooling chamber, Archive box, Gyroscope, Grinder, dryer.

Mirim2:
Don't disturb, seats, Imprinter, skin care products, Paint, Generator, Foto Album, Kopier, U thingy,   fuel (10), Assembly robot, Detection ports, Candy, Spare tire, Whiteboard, Isolation, binoculars, Solar panel, smoke detector, Server, NOT YET AVAILABLE Passenger seat, city plan, altimeter, control panel, ironing.

Mirima

Level : 45/228* (Mirim) 45/203* (Eddy) 23(Mirim2)
Items I Can Gift : See Sig

Back to top Go down

Post by van goosen on Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:58 am

hey people i just wanted to say hi and thanks for all the tips and tricks on this forum!

i found this game only recently and i like it

CAN SEND: towel, mower, ATM, earrings, glass, great shots, lamp, radar, handling line, powerful radio, space engine, security cam, cognac, calculator, launch console, add radar, gold bracelet, ergo chair, spare wire, stamp, landing gear, beacon, catering, weather display, nav module, transmitter, fuel hose, altimeter, spare prop, deicer
van goosen

Level : 32/39
Items I Can Gift : towel, mower, ATM, earrings, glass, great shots, lamp, radar, handling line, powerful radio, space engine, security cam, cognac, calculator, launch console, add radar, gold bracelet, ergo chair, spare wire, stamp, landing gear, beacon, catering, weather display, nav module, transmitter, fuel hose, altimeter, spare prop, deicer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rueprim on Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:04 am

As I am the original author of this thread and have now been playing for one month, I'd like to state that the advice from folks here has been quite helpful in my enjoyment of the game. The only other advice that I might add is as follows:

1. Seriously consider whether you want to buy a fuel station early in the game (or at all, for that matter); it doesn't appear to provide a very good return on investment and uses up valuable space...
2. If you're not sure whether to build a coin producing building or a passenger producing building, I'd usually opt for coins, as in dire straits, passengers can be gifted, but coins can not.
3. Think about how frequently you want to play the game and build based on your playing style. If you obsess and are constantly checking and tweaking, then buildings with short refresh times might be better for you. If you only play every couple of hours for a few minutes at a time, build some of the longer refresh rate buildings. (This concept is covered in greater detail on the boards here somewhere else, but the basic idea is good for this thread, I think).
4. USE THE DAILY SWAP THREAD! They are very generous over there and can speed up your producation exponentially. But be generous and pay it forward as much as possible; if you are always asking for specific items, but rarely gift or just randomly gift, your swap stock among regular swappers may drop.
5. Visit high level players airports to give you ideas about placement and types of buildings generally considered better or worse than others.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread and helped me enjoy the game even more!

Perhaps this thread, or a distilled version of it could be stickied to help us all!

Things I can gift: disposable shampoo; goal posts; computer; single malt; cockpit glass; welder; tour review; landing lamp; copy machine; rope block, passengers, powerful radio transmitter, robot tester, textbook, eau de toilette, fuel supply, jet engine, wide-angle binocs, fuel additive, power source, additional radar, white gold bracelet, shredder, spare wire, hull parts, landing gear, oscillating beacon, flight catering, defroster, navigation module, master plan
Rueprim

Back to top Go down

Post by skinnyb37 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:20 am

I would also add that when you decide to expand your airport...use the coins first...it gets expensive but you're better off using coins in the beginning. Each new piece of land makes the next one more expensive (kos put together a great post and it details the cost for expanding: http://airportcity.the-talk.net/t8-expansions). Basically, I am suggesting use coins for as long as you feel like it's worth it (think I personally stopped at Expansion 8, as I felt it would take way too long to get the 400,000 coins, so I started using airport cash). Also, when you use cash (or coins for that matter), wait for the game to have the "Expansion Sale" where you get the expansion for half price (I know it works for cash, pretty sure it works for coins as well...you'll see this in the upper right of your screen). This will make your cash go much further. And, if you get impatient and just want to spend real money on airport cash, again, wait till they have the sale...they give 300% airport cash at times...usually occurs on the weekends but I don't know the frequency.

Items skinnyb37 can send: Fuel Cat, D/N dist sign, comp, choc cand, cockpit glass, welder, album, land lamp, copy mach, handling line, pass (10), pwrfl rad trans, video wall, laser lvl, flt goggles, cognac, fuel supp, jet eng, stapler, fuel add, pwr source, comm antenna, add'l radar, W/G bracelet, Cash Counter, Spare Wire, Lining Plate, Land Gear, Osc Beac, Flt Catering, Packaging Machine, Nav Module, City Model, Fuel Hose, Gyroscope, Spare Prop, Deicer, Grind Mach, X-Ray Scanner, Podium, Laser Rangefinder, Wireless Compass, Flatwork Ironer, Blanket, Att Indicator
skinnyb37

Level : 50 / 153 stars, 9 hearts
Items I Can Gift : Please see signature

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top