This is how (Samsung s2; android 2.3.6):
1- Open app airport city
2- Hit de home button
3- Go to Setting --> SET date / time on your device
4- Change date to one (or more) day(s) into the past
5- Go back to the app airport city
6- Send out planes
7- Go back to Settings --> SET date / time on your device
8- Change date back to real date (Modus today)
Buildings are ready to collect.
Planes arrives
Repeat from step 2
It is possible to get back in time more days en work to present in steps of for example one day.  

Notes:
Do not change back time in today with app open (on V 1,84 and older). It will crash!
Please remember to set date back after finish playing!!

Last edited by skyhigh on Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:20 am; edited 1 time in total
skyhigh

Level : 40, 200stars, 1,4million exp.points
Items I Can Gift : 20(!!) fuel, Fuel catalyst, Bath Towel, Robotic Lawnmower, Air Conditioner, Pearl Earrings, Welder, Great Shots, Landing Lamp, Radar, Handing Line, Powerful Radio Transmitter, Laser Level, Flight Helmet, Candies, Fuel Supply, Airplane Tires, Stapler, Fuel Additives, Power Source, Make up, Additional Radar, Comm. Antenna, Amperemeter, Lasercutter, Spare Wire, Pass Seat, Fight Catering, Cooler, Nav module, Archive box, Fuel hose, Oscillating Beacon, Gyroscope, Spare Propeller, Deicer, Monitor, Sanding machine, Beverage Cooler, Fax

http://airportcity.the-talk.net/u68

Back to top Go down

Re: Earn money fast and finish flights immidiatly: -time travel-

Post by jedverdejo on Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:47 am

hi,

thanks for the trick.
Anyhow, after trying it (I made a backup just in case), I found some drawbacks. The first one is that I have nor been able to send gifts till now. Tried 1 and a half days ago, so lets see what happens this night.

The second is that you need additional fuel and passengers to handle all the fligths aonce they arrive.

Finally, as I have optimized my buildings for my usual way of playing ( around one visit every hour), I think iit does not worth the effort, as the income per use will be limited.

regards
jedverdejo

Level : 50 / 50 / 50
Items I Can Gift : jedv - DND sign, goal?, automatic cashier, pearl collar, cockpit glass, welder, album, photocopier machine, steel, passengers (10), astro engine, pos terminal, cognac, binoculars, drill , solar cell, bracelet, cash counter, linning panel, cooling chamber, Archive Box, Gyroscope, Grinder, laptop?, metal arc?, monitor?, Holographic? , Glass?, Binoculars ?, Centrif.?, turnstile, 3d printer, infrarred cam // jedv2: DND sign, bench?, cashier, bonbon , cockpit, Welder, album, radar, steel, Pass. (10), tester robot, googles, cognac, jet motor, stapler, Power source, comm. ant., bracelet, amperimeter, laser cutter, landing, cooling chamber, Archive , Gyroscope, Grinder, Holographic? , Glass?, Binoculars? , Centrif.?, patrol drone, low cons. lamp, mov. sensor // jedv3: all-incl. bracelet, Robotic Lawnmower?, automatic cashier, whiskey, painting, generator, travel guide, projector, sand bag, passengers (10), laser level, guests book, cognac, tyre, whiteboard, drill, comm. antenna, bracelet, ergo chair, stamp, passenger seat, wheather panel, transmitter, altimeter, tv panel, major, patrol drone, hand drier, mov. sensor,

Back to top Go down

Post by mitno on Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:58 am

First of all - Great trick!
You are making it more difficult than it really is. the trick is that airport city uses the time and date of your phone for its time calculations, so all you have to do its just move forward in time in steps of your choice. For example for me 4 hour steps are good, so I move 4 hours per step.
You can also use the trick to get more flight caterings, passengers, money and for repairing you planes without the use of any items.
I am almost certain you can also send more gifts and visit neighbours if you skip a day.
In addition if you exit and enter the game you can enjoy daily bonuses too!
Just a word of caution... Using the trick may ruin the game experience since its almost the ultimate cheat and there will be no challenges left...

mitno

Level : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by mekgmg on Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:44 am

First of all an apology to my neighbors for not sending out gifts lately. I have tried but not found a way around the system to allow simultaneous time travel and gift sharing. I fully understand if you press the red cross in disgust. Though I also hope the thoughts I share with you will make your gift to me worthwhile.

I started the game very unlucky. As I found out later some games are born without a repair slot and so after dropping a few turboprops and writing on this forum, I forked out the 10 bucks for a repair slot. After wards I have, as many of you have tried, accidentally touched the pop-up, forking out another nine bucks for some useless spyglass or similar, putting me a least 19 bucks behind schedule. My goal has been to complete the game without buying bucks, but that has changed today. Today I did use USD 30 to buy 100 bucks, not because I couldn't have finished the game without, but because it will save me a great deal of time and many presses on my screen to collect coins. (I have enjoyed playing and feel a “support” of USD 30 to GameInsight is ok)

When is the game really finished? All stars collected? All quest collections completed? I dont know, but I am going for both.

I wish to share the following info:

I bought bucks today because they are the only way to continue expanding. After 850 000 coins only cash is accepted for expansions. The first ones at 15 bucks, changing to 20 bucks for the usual 16 squares. As I said before I could have done without, but having 2 runways saves a great deal of time in playing. Also now I collect 2 x 1500 coins and 2x 250 passengers in 2 hour intervals using the on/ off glitch. Remember also I have passed level 35 and do not get any more bucks per new level.

Now that we have the info from the stamps on the number of flights required for stars, each destination averages about 100 flights. Using 4 airplanes a day with 3 flights of 7 hours it will take you a week to complete one destination. Using the last 18 destinations you are looking at three months. Add to this the number extra flights required due required item ie. Propeller: 458 required for Delhi, Hong Kong, Amsterdam and Tokyo, but only drop from Shanghai flights meaning in excess of 230 flights to Shanghai, as they don't drop on each flight.

Repair becomes a hassle as well. About one repair every five or six flights. Parts easily obtained earlier are hard to come by now, meaning plane in repair for 8 hours. And with one in repair filling the one slot you have, others suddenly also break down, leaving you with very few planes.

Time travel is the only way to get around some of this. First of all you no longer have to look at your watch, get up I middle of the night or secretly play at work, because now you are in charge and play when you want to and have time. Also speeds the game up leaving you with lots to do when you do play. And thirdly you get through the levels a lot faster. Repairs no problem, just move the clock forward and your plane is repaired.

I would like to hear if any of you are finding some items hard to get. I did over 200 flights to Bali before I saw the surfboard. I have done over two hundred to Rome alone to get Ancient Venus and 150 to Moscow for a bottle of vodka, neither of which I have yet. Burj Al Arab Hotel (Dubai) and Porcelain Doll (Paris) are not obliging me either. Anybody had problems with these items or is it random? Is the program designed to make certain quest items difficult to obtain or randomly as you near completion?

By the way I play on a pad. I have tried on the phone, but the screen is to small and the phone to slow as the number of buildings and planes increase.
mekgmg

Level : 35 ( 101 stars)
Items I Can Gift : Gift available: Dnd sign, Fuel (3), , Air Conditoner, Cockpit Glass, Welder, Landing Lamp, Copy Machine, Passengers (10), Flight Goggles, Fuel Supply, Jet Engine, Stapler, Fuel Aditives, Power Source, Additional Radar, Shredder, Spare Wire, Hull Parts, Landing Gear, Oscillating Beacon, Flight Catering, Packaging Machine, Navigation module, Master plan, Fuel hose, Gyroscope, Spare propeller, Deicer, Air filter

Back to top Go down

Post by tamildv on Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:26 pm

Hi mekgmg,

This is my fourth attempt at the game (making many mistakes along the way – worst was getting to level 30 and having upgraded the repair facility and not having all the items to complete or repair any planes – had to drop a lot of Jet’s at 12K each!!! Before restarting the game)

Few things to add, after reaching level 35 and fully maxed out - I don't see much point in carrying on collecting coins as there is not much more you can spend it on, that said I have kept some of the coin giving buildings just in case I need some (and have built up a good stock in the bank) – but have converted most buildings to passenger paying and flight catering (as I am on the older version fuel station is not an option). With most flights requiring 260 or 280 passengers I use quick paying buildings. Due to work and family life commitments I am able to get a few hours of intense gaming in..

As per your example I send one plane to shanghai and use the on/off glitch to collect two propellers (I found two planes to the same destination don’t appear to pay every time – but one seems to pay out – perhaps it is just coincidence). So I have one plane each going to two different destinations (shanghai and Iceland) giving 2x propeller and 2x deicer and one plane each going to Delhi and Nepal. So most of the time I am ahead in credit of propellers and deicers. With four flight catering facilities I am able to harvest 16 in-flight meals in a 12hr period (yes you need to time it right so you can get two harvests, I do one at 0700 and another at 1900 GMT), again this keeps me in credit of my flights.

When the kind people send me fuel I am able to make up the flights and on good days in fact speed up the flights (it is a waste of fuel – but gets around the 8hr+ flight time...) I always land guest planes since my fuel has regenerated well before my planes come back. This gives me most of the repair items (again using the on/off glitch it gives me two at a time) so I can always speed up repair. when I am short on fuel I use the visiting the neighbour glitch. Gyroscope and altimeters are harder to come by – but with gifting I have been able to build a good stock.

As you can probably see except fuel – I have become self-sufficient in the rest of the items.

Again due to the game version I am totally in the dark about how many flights I need and also the number required is much higher to get a star – but hopefully I will be able to upgrade soon. I am just waiting to try to fill the needs of the people in this forum before upgrading.

If anyone needs any repair items I can gift them to build up your stock quickly (just let me know what and how much). Is anyone able to tell me if I restart the game the friend code stays the same or will it change? I did not pay any attention the 1st two times and the last time I completely removed the game and rolled back, so the code changed.

Android: TDV19 (a73gb88) - Game abandoned Evil or Very Mad 
Android: TDV23 (aa0rgdo) - Game abandoned (V1.31)
iOS: TDVCrApple2 (TDVCrApple2) - Currently unable to gift back (V1.18) Evil or Very Mad 

T-DV1, T-DV2, T-DV3,TDV4,TDV17/TDV18 can't gift back

If your profile is not upto date I will not be able to send you anything.

Please post your friend code in Daily Swapping Thread. Please ensure your in-game name is filled out

If you like What I posted - click the Like button here:
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   V
tamildv

Level : 40 (276 stars), 9 Hearts

http://airportcity.the-talk.net/u50

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark8757 on Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:20 am

I tried this and it worked to a point. After going back and forth in time a few times, the game went into "slow motion" Instead of 15 minutes to get passengers, it now took 24 hours. It did this for everything. It seems it knew what I was doing and made be stop for 24 hours to get back on the "correct time". I have the game on a Razr and it seems that none of the tricks you all get to do work on my phone.

Mark8757

Level : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by mekgmg on Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:46 am

I use it on my pad and have tried on my phone without any problems. I only move forward in time and always end with 23:55 before moveing to 00:05 making sure the date doesn't change. I am also offline.

The only problem I have is with gifting and visiting.

Finishing this game without time travel will take such a long time, that most if not all will have lost interest and quit. Check my maths and times by the number of destinations. Add flights for the missing flight and quest items and I am sure you will agree.
mekgmg

Items I Can Gift : Gift available: Dnd sign, Fuel (3), , Air Conditoner, Cockpit Glass, Welder, Landing Lamp, Copy Machine, Passengers (10), Flight Goggles, Fuel Supply, Jet Engine, Stapler, Fuel Aditives, Power Source, Additional Radar, Shredder, Spare Wire, Hull Parts, Landing Gear, Oscillating Beacon, Flight Catering, Packaging Machine, Navigation module, Master plan, Fuel hose, Gyroscope, Spare propeller, Deicer, Air filter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark8757 on Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:38 am

Maybe changing the date messed me up. I tried it again and worked until I reset the the real time. At that point it makes me wait until the time catches up in the game to were it would be. If I can't figure it out I am afraid I will give up on the game. I am at level 35 and can't imagine playing this game for many more months to finish it.

Mark8757

Back to top Go down

Post by mekgmg on Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:58 am

I never set the time back to real time, but as I say I play on a pad. Can imagine not having the correct time on your phone would be irritating.

But without time travel I don't see you finishing the game.
mekgmg

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark8757 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:05 am

I figured it out. I have to make sure that every plane has landed and every business, house and flight meal is ready, exit out of the game and then change to the correct time.

Mark8757

Back to top Go down

Post by skyhigh on Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:58 am

Time travel without risk of problems visiting friend or sending gifts: first go back in time a few day or so...and than use time travel till present.

Items I can gift: see profile
skyhigh

Items I Can Gift : 20(!!) fuel, Fuel catalyst, Bath Towel, Robotic Lawnmower, Air Conditioner, Pearl Earrings, Welder, Great Shots, Landing Lamp, Radar, Handing Line, Powerful Radio Transmitter, Laser Level, Flight Helmet, Candies, Fuel Supply, Airplane Tires, Stapler, Fuel Additives, Power Source, Make up, Additional Radar, Comm. Antenna, Amperemeter, Lasercutter, Spare Wire, Pass Seat, Fight Catering, Cooler, Nav module, Archive box, Fuel hose, Oscillating Beacon, Gyroscope, Spare Propeller, Deicer, Monitor, Sanding machine, Beverage Cooler, Fax

Back to top Go down

Post by Benzo123 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:20 am

I went back a day then back forward and it worked great. Thanks!

Level : 32

http://www.benzoairportcity.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mekgmg on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:20 am

Benso123 Welcome to the world of time travel.
Now try going back a month or two. Just remeber to be offline and switch auto time setting off on your device. Exit the game when you move forward in time. Make sure you adjust your date forward when passing midnight. Now you can do many flights a day!!!
mekgmg

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmy21 on Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:28 pm

The method I prefer is to:

1. Put phone in Airplane mode
2. Change date to 3 months ago.
3. Start game.
4. Quit game. Move date forward by 1 day.
5. Start game, collect coin, passengers, and flight catering. Send planes out.
6. Quit Game.
7. Move date forward by 1 day.
8. repeat steps 5 to 7 until you reach present day.

The main plus is that a 24 hour jump allows the Round House and Bearing-Wall House to be re-filled. That's 630 passengers with 6 of each. Same goes for the movie theater, with 6 you get 2520 coin each time jump. With the other buildings I had, I would get about 4,000 coin per time jump.

With 3 flight catering facilities (I would use 1 or 2 meals per jump) I stocked up on meals quickly.

As a bonus, any broken planes can be placed in repair facility and will be ready on next time jump.

Wish I tried changing the time while the game was playing. Would have saved me even more time. Oh well Very Happy
jimmy21

Level : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by kryton on Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:17 am

I think I must have made a mistake while time traveling, because I lost my ability to send daily gifts. Usually I turn off my connection, turn the date back a few weeks, and then creep forward in 1 day intervals to present. Maybe I forgot to turn off the connection? Can someone tell me if that could be the cause. I haven't time traveled in 4 days now, and still I can't send gifts. It's getting frustrating and perhaps starting to annoy my friends here at my lack of reciprocity.

kryton

Items I Can Gift : Items I can send: Fuel (3), Single-Malt Whiskey, Eau de Toilette, Makeup, Bath Towel, Air conditioner, Cockpit Glass, Welder, Album, Landing Lamp, Copy machine, Channel Bar, Passengers (10), Powerful radio transmitter, Guestbook, Fuel supply, Jet-engine, Wide-angle binoculars, Fuel additives, Drill machine, Additional radar, Cash Counter, Spare Wire, Lining plate, Landing gear, Flight Catering, Oscillating Beacon, Packaging Machine, Navigation Module, City model, Fuel hose, Gyroscope, Spare Propeller, Deicer, Air Vent Filter

Back to top Go down

Post by skyhigh on Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:10 am

I never turn off connection while time travelling...so I think that can not be the cause.

skyhigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonny Boy on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:17 am

I did not either, untill the date suddenly went back to the current day (automatic time setting is off) and I turned up the date a day. I luckily noticed it after 1 day already, but very possibly I cannot send gifts now for a day.

Sonny Boy

Items I Can Gift : Can send: fuel(3), earrings, cognac, whitegold bracelet, DND sign, airconditioner, cockpit window, welder, photo album, landinglight, copy machine,channel bar, passengers(10), powerful radio transmitter, POS terminal, fuel supply, jet engine, wide angle binoculars, fuel additives, drill machine, additional radar, amperemeter, spare wire, laser cutter, landing gear, oscillating beacon, catering, cooling chamber, navigation module, archive box, fuel hose, gyroscoop, spare propellor, deicer, grinding machine, video wall, laser level, old lantern, sleigh oil

Back to top Go down

its a great easy way.

Post by lionheart2308 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:44 am

this reminds me in the 90's when we used to install windows softwares, rollback the date & time , etc...

its a bit time consuming but considering the time u can save by sending the planes & get them back in less than 10 seconds, it really worth it.

the only problem is that when u need collection items from friends.

other than that thank.
lionheart2308

Level : 28

http://www.mysocialpeople.com

Back to top Go down

Post by skyhigh on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:58 am

hi lion heart, please do not use time travel when your in a launch program. they give you a time penalty. Skyhigh.

skyhigh

Back to top Go down

Post by skyhigh on Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:59 pm

Some new info for people that use time travel: in the new update (1.73) it is possible to travel back in time with the game open (the game doesn't crash anymore)...so that makes time travel a bit easier. greetings Skyhigh.

skyhigh

Back to top Go down

Post by hazem samy on Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:41 pm

Dears,
by mistake, due to real traveling i changed the time while the game oppened currently i can not visit or gift my neighbours.
please help

hazem samy

Level : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by mekgmg on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:01 pm

Its the usual penalty for timetravel with the game open or if you travel forward in time.

Dont worry. In a few days you will be back to normal.
mekgmg

Back to top Go down

Post by hazem samy on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:31 am

it is blocked for more than 10 days.
when i expect releasing this blocking

hazem samy

Level : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by mekgmg on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:41 am

Normally less. You can still play, but you cant gift or visit.
mekgmg

Back to top Go down

Post by SallyCDA on Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:54 pm

GI has been catching time travelers recently and locking their gift bonusing. It has happened to myself and MoeT, and we were only time traveling to fix a screwed up shuttle launch with the 43 year lander arrival. You will have to contact GI to get a code to unlock you if this happens, and they will take their sweet time about it, fair warning.

SallyCDA

Level : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by mekgmg on Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:25 pm

Interesting.....

But if you are off-line, shut the game down every time you move and only go back in time ( moving to present time before going on-line), GI will have no way of finding out.
mekgmg

Back to top Go down

Post by SallyCDA on Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:04 am

Unless they check next time you come online. I was offline, cause at the same time I wanted to field test my xmas tree, which was only putting out coins per neighbor 'bonus'

SallyCDA

Level : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by SLH-UK on Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:59 pm

SallyCDA wrote:GI has been catching time travelers recently and locking their gift bonusing. It has happened to myself and MoeT, and we were only time traveling to fix a screwed up shuttle launch with the 43 year lander arrival. You will have to contact GI to get a code to unlock you if this happens, and they will take their sweet time about it, fair warning.

I've also been locked out from sending gifts and visiting neighbours. How do I contact GI to get the code?

I've got lots of add requests but I'm only adding people from this forum. If you sent me a request please PM me.
SLH-UK

Level : 34 (82 stars)
Items I Can Gift : DND Sign, Bench, ATM, Pearl Earrings, Cockpit Glass, Welder, Album, Landing Lamp, Projector, Channel Bar, Passengers (10), Powerful Radio Transmitter, Assembly Robot, POS Terminal, Cognac,Fuel Supply, Jet Engine, White Board, Drill Machine, Fuel Additives, Cash Counter, Spare Wire, Lining Plate, Landing Gear, Oscillating Beacon, Flight Catering, Defroster, Navigation Module, Master Plan, Fuel Hose, Gyroscope, Spare Propeller, Deicer

Back to top Go down

Post by moeT on Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:55 pm

SLH-UK wrote:
SallyCDA wrote:GI has been catching time travelers recently and locking their gift bonusing. It has happened to myself and MoeT, and we were only time traveling to fix a screwed up shuttle launch with the 43 year lander arrival. You will have to contact GI to get a code to unlock you if this happens, and they will take their sweet time about it, fair warning.

I've also been locked out from sending gifts and visiting neighbours. How do I contact GI to get the code?

Go to this url and open a case:
Code:
http://helpdesk.game-insight.com/home

Hope they can sort your issue asap.

I need:
Primary: FUEL(20)

I can send:
fuel catalyst, bath-towel, chocolate candies, cockpit glass, welder, great shots, projector, handling line, passengers(10), powerful radio transmitter, laser level, glass display case, cognac, Jet engine, whiteboard, Drill Machine, communication antenna, white gold bracelet, smoke detector, server rack, landing gear, flight catering, defroster, master plan, gyroscope, controller, x-ray, podium, laser, compass, ironer, blanket.
moeT

Level : 45 (148 Stars) (9 Hearts)
Items I Can Gift : Fuel catalyst, bath-towel, bench, computer, chocolate candies, cockpit glass, welder, great shots, landing lamp, projector, handling line, passengers (10), powerful radio transmitter, laser level, glass display case, cognac, Fuel Supply, Jet engine, whiteboard, fuel additives, insulation, communication antenna, additional radar, white gold bracelet, smoke detector, spare wire, server rack, landing gear, oscillating beacon, flight catering, defroster, navigation module, master plan, fuel hose, gyroscope, spare propeller, Deicer, Controller, x-ray, podium, laser, compass, ironer, blanket.

Back to top Go down

Post by diwata on Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:55 am

I've made a lot of mistakes too when I started but since the game is so slow and takes a lot of time, I bit the bullet and went on with it instead of re-starting. I even sold propeller driven planes thinking I won't need them anymore. Doh! I had to buy them again.

My battlecry right now is 'Whatever you do, do not use the green notes! You will need it for expansion!'

CURRENT URGENT NEEDS: fuel(3), fuel(20) are my first needs but if you can't send these, please send me fuel catalyst. Thank you!cheers

Daily player. Daily gifter. Feel free to visit! So far, I have 3 Space Travel Monuments, 1 Astronaut Academy, 3 Research Labs, 1 Aviation Museum, 1 Launch Pad level 2, 1 Mission Control Level 2.

I send 20 gifts daily.

Please pm me if you want to be neighbors so I know you're from the forums I am in and can check what to send you. Otherwise, I will ignore if I cannot identify you.
diwata

Level : 40
Items I Can Gift : fuel catalyst, communication antenna, FBex fuel (3), disposable shampoo, goal posts, computer, single-malt whiskey, cockpit glass, welder, tour review, landing lamp, copy machine, rope block, passengers(10), powerful radio transmitter, robot tester, guestbook, eau de toilette, fuel supply, jet engine, wide-angle binoculars, fuel additives, insulation, additional radar, make-up, cash counter, spare wire, lining plate, landing gear, flight catering, oscillating beacon, defroster, navigation module, city model, fuel hose, gyroscope, spare propeller, deicer, controller, office chair, parking meter, headset

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top