Increase the flight item drop rates?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Increase the flight item drop rates?

Post by airtiggus on Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:27 pm

There are a few goodies that promise to increase the item drop rate. I've just used one of them, the Sky Captain(*), but it didn't seems to improve anything, so I'd like to break down the mumble-jumble around this topic and see if we can make some light on this topic.

The items in question are:
- Dice (excluding quest and collectible + 100%)
- Golden Dice (excluding quest + 150%)
- Spyglass (quest item drop (both common & collectible) + 150%)
- Sky Captain (from flight +100%)

Can someone tell me (and the world) what items are more likely to drop when using each of those?
From my (frustrating) experience with the Sky Captain, I got:
- From Bali, 3 times nothing
- From Antartica, One stamp + One Penguin (was hoping for TV panels)
- From Aztec destinations: a few stuff, at the same rate as without it
- From Iceland, deicers and that's it.

I never tried Dices, and I think Spyglasses did help increase drop rates of collectible stuff.

---
(*) The Sky Captain: What a rip-off! It took me maybe 4 months to finish those 5 collections to get a Sky Captain, which I thought would be a life-time bonus, like those life-time million miles things from the airlines. But no, what you get from all this hard work is a lame 24-hrs bonus that gives you more money and experience (like I need that, by now I'm probably a level 55 millionnaire) and an increased chance of getting junk.

airtiggus

Level : 50
Items I Can Gift : bath towel, great shots, lawnmower, airco, radar, handling line, spaceship engine, flight helmet, stapler, power source, amperemeter, laser cutter, cooling chamber, archive box, grinding machine, cockpit glass, jetengine, landing gear, gyroscope, chocolate candies, cognac, white-gold bracelet

Back to top Go down

Re: Increase the flight item drop rates?

Post by tamildv on Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:05 pm

Cannot comment on the above as it is as complicated as their game - Drops rates all vary greatly on where you are in the time line of the game etc...

Just a warning - keep an eye on the clocks for some of these bonuses...

Even though some say 6 hrs etc - they only last in real time a few hrs or minutes.

Android: TDV19 (a73gb88) - Game abandoned Evil or Very Mad 
Android: TDV23 (aa0rgdo) - Game abandoned (V1.31)
iOS: TDVCrApple2 (TDVCrApple2) - Currently unable to gift back (V1.18) Evil or Very Mad 

T-DV1, T-DV2, T-DV3,TDV4,TDV17/TDV18 can't gift back

If your profile is not upto date I will not be able to send you anything.

Please post your friend code in Daily Swapping Thread. Please ensure your in-game name is filled out

If you like What I posted - click the Like button here:
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   V
tamildv

Level : 40 (276 stars), 9 Hearts

http://airportcity.the-talk.net/u50

Back to top Go down

Post by rockmsockm on Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:04 pm

I've had the best luck with the Spyglass, and that's relatively speaking. The dice never seemed to do anything for me.

Can Send: Fuel Catalyst, Passengers, Fuel (3), Do Not Disturb Sign, Goal Posts, ATM, Chocolate Candies, Cockpit Glass, Welder, Album, Landing Lamp, Projector, Channel Bar, Passengers (10), Powerful Radio Transmitter, Laser Level, POS Terminal, Eau de Toilette, Fuel Supply, Jet Engine, Stapler, Fuel Additives, Power Source, Additional Radar, White Gold Bracelet, Amperemeter, Spare Wire, Laser Cutter, Landing Gear, Flight Catering, Oscillating Beacon, Flight Catering, Cooling Chamber, Navigation Module, Archive Box, Fuel Hose, Gyroscope, Spare Propeller, Deicer, Grinding machine, Arcade Machine, Intercom, Fingerprint Reader, Wireless Compass, Washing Machine, Blanket

To add me, please send a PM, or I may not notice
rockmsockm

Level : 45 (9 hearts)
Items I Can Gift : Fuel Catalyst, Passengers (5 - Facebook only), Fuel (3 - Facebook only), Do Not Disturb Sign, Goal Posts, ATM, Chocolate Candies, Cockpit Glass, Welder, Album, Landing Lamp, Projector, Channel Bar, Passengers (10), Powerful Radio Transmitter, Laser Level, POS Terminal, Eau de Toilette, Fuel Supply, Jet Engine, Stapler, Fuel Additives, Power Source, Additional Radar, White Gold Bracelet, Amperemeter, Spare Wire, Laser Cutter, Landing Gear, Flight Catering, Oscillating Beacon, Flight Catering, Cooling Chamber, Navigation Module, Archive Box, Fuel Hose, Gyroscope, Spare Propeller, Deicer, Grinding machine, Arcade Machine, Intercom, Fingerprint Reader, Wireless Compass, Washing Machine, Blanket

Back to top Go down

Post by rjcasey on Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:26 pm

Anyone else have any experience comparing these items?

rjcasey

Items I Can Gift : fuel catalyst, shampoo, imprinter, skin care products, cockpit glass, generator, album, landing light, dispatcher console, channel bar, fuel (20), powerful radio transmiter, assembly robot, packaging machine, anti-theft gate, filled candies, fuel supply, jet engine, whiteboard, fuel additives, insulation, solar cell, additional radar, perfume, smoke detector, spare wire, server rack, landing gear, oscillating beacon, flight catering, defroster, navigation module, master plan, fuel hose, altimeter, spare propeller, deicer, controller, Information Sign, Energy-Saving Lamp, Wireless compass, flatwork ironer, blanket, Coffee Machine, Attitude Indicator

Back to top Go down

Post by parking_god on Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:00 am

I'm chasing Aztec Legacy right now; I had Golden Dice in play for my first 15 flights to Quetzalcoatl and got 5 Quetzalcoatls. On the subsequent 94 flights, I got 9 more. And Quetzalcoatl is rated at Seldom. Through 50 flights to Tenochtitlan, I have 6 Two-headed Serpents.

parking_god

Level : 70/545/9
Items I Can Gift : N/A at the moment

Back to top Go down

Post by rjcasey on Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:02 am

parking_god wrote:I'm chasing Aztec Legacy right now; I had Golden Dice in play for my first 15 flights to Quetzalcoatl and got 5 Quetzalcoatls.  On the subsequent 94 flights, I got 9 more.  And Quetzalcoatl is rated at Seldom.  Through 50 flights to Tenochtitlan, I have 6 Two-headed Serpents.

That's not good. It sounds like they decreased the drop rate for those items which is what I saw with the bird mask. Did you complete any of the collections yet? I heard that might change the drop rate.

rjcasey

Items I Can Gift : fuel catalyst, shampoo, imprinter, skin care products, cockpit glass, generator, album, landing light, dispatcher console, channel bar, fuel (20), powerful radio transmiter, assembly robot, packaging machine, anti-theft gate, filled candies, fuel supply, jet engine, whiteboard, fuel additives, insulation, solar cell, additional radar, perfume, smoke detector, spare wire, server rack, landing gear, oscillating beacon, flight catering, defroster, navigation module, master plan, fuel hose, altimeter, spare propeller, deicer, controller, Information Sign, Energy-Saving Lamp, Wireless compass, flatwork ironer, blanket, Coffee Machine, Attitude Indicator

Back to top Go down

Post by Canterbury on Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:52 am

rjcasey wrote:
parking_god wrote:I'm chasing Aztec Legacy right now; I had Golden Dice in play for my first 15 flights to Quetzalcoatl and got 5 Quetzalcoatls.  On the subsequent 94 flights, I got 9 more.  And Quetzalcoatl is rated at Seldom.  Through 50 flights to Tenochtitlan, I have 6 Two-headed Serpents.

That's not good. It sounds like they decreased the drop rate for those items which is what I saw with the bird mask. Did you complete any of the collections yet? I heard that might change the drop rate.

Not contradicting you but emphasizing the title of the thread:

5:15 with Golden dice (not sure if you can earn this -otherwise 4 green)
9:94 without

That is a very good differential.

I had very good luck with using a Spy Glass
needed one more sweet potato for the Thanksgiving day quest - got 3 on 6 flights landing using the spyglass

Dice on the other hand seem all but useless - used a couple with 0 results
So...
Golden Dice = Good (Cost 4 Green)
Spy Glass = Good  (earned via Collections Pg. 6)

Dice = Not so Good (earned via Collections Pg. 35)

will obviously edit if contradicting examples are shared

Giftable lvl9 items Turnstile, 3d Printer
Giftable lvl8 items Fingerprint Reader

Requests
Repair Items
Fuel 20

Please PM me if you send a neighbor request so I know who's who; otherwise it will be ignored and eventually deleted!
Canterbury

Level : 50, 232
Items I Can Gift : NZL:, Fuel Catalyst, dnd, Bench, ATM, Whiskey, Cockpit Glass, Welder, Album, Landing Lamp, Copy Machine, Channel Bar, Passengers (10), P R Trans, Assembly Robot, Guestbook, Cognac, Fuel Supply, Jet Engine, Binocluars, Fuel Additves, Drill Machine, Optical System, Add Radar, w/G Bracelet, Cash Counter, Spare Wire, Lining Plate, Landing Gear, Osc Beacon,Flight Catering, Packaging Machine, Nav Module, City Model, Fuel Hose, Gyroscope, Spare Propeller, Deicer, Air Vent Filter, Turnstile, Fingerprint Reader, 3d printer, Wireless Compass, Washing Machine, Blanket, Altitude Indicator

Back to top Go down

Post by Bdot on Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:23 am

I am not sure if it matters, but if the Aztec Legacy is actually a quest (left hand side) which I believe at some point it is; then I think the Golden Dice wouldn't help with these flights. Spyglass would be your best bet.

If a collection is not a quest on your left hand side, than believe Golden Dice (in my experience) has been very useful.

Just my 2 cents.

Bdot

Items I Can Gift : Update 4/8: All-Inclusive Bracelet, bench, air conditioner, pearl earrings, cockpit glass, welder, Travel Guide, landing lamp, Radar, Sandbag, Fuel (20), powerful radio transmitter, Spaceship engine, textbook, Eau de Toilette, Fuel Supply, Jet Engine, Wide Angle Binoculars, Power Source, Solar Cell, Makeup, Smoke Detector, Spare Wire, Server Rack, Landing Gear, Flight Catering, Oscillating Beacon, Weather Display, Navigation Module, Transmitter, fuel hose, gyroscope, spare prop, deicer, TV Panels, Podium, Dryer, compass, blanket

Back to top Go down

Post by Erasmus on Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:27 am

Yesterday I was flying to Alesia. I activated the spyglass a minute before all 8 flights landed and I got one item. Ofcourse I used the catalyst on all flights so I could send all 8 planes for another flight with one map. Again I used the catalyst on all planes so they would arrive within the spyglass time. This time I got no items at all.

That's 16 flights within one spyglass and all I got was one item. Before the update I always got around around one item per four flights without using a spyglass.

So in my opinion the spyglass is useless at the moment.

Last edited by Erasmus on Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

Friendcode : ABJ9ILD

Erasmus

Level : 40 (163 Stars)

Back to top Go down

Post by mikedabomb on Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:55 am

activated the spyglass a minute before all 8 flights landed

Maybe the Spyglass needs to be activated before the flight is launched to see am improvement?

Level : 50 (192 ★,9 ♥)
Items I Can Gift : I've installed it

Back to top Go down

Post by Canterbury on Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:56 pm

mikedabomb wrote:
activated the spyglass a minute before all 8 flights landed

Maybe the Spyglass needs to be activated before the flight is launched to see am improvement?

Nope - As long as the plane hasn't landed its OK.
Actually shows on the "Active Flight Menu" if or not a Bonus is applying.

What is more an issue is whether or not flying to Alesia is a "Quest" and the Spy Glass has any benefit at all.
For the Spyglass it states "increases the chance of a Quest item drop".
Where as the Dice is more generic with "doubles the chance of an Item drop from a flight"
I would have thought Alesia wasn't a quest but a mission. Quests being "thanksgiving day" and "back to school" etc
BUT i'm guessing....no idea what GI determines either way.!?!

Giftable lvl9 items Turnstile, 3d Printer
Giftable lvl8 items Fingerprint Reader

Requests
Repair Items
Fuel 20

Please PM me if you send a neighbor request so I know who's who; otherwise it will be ignored and eventually deleted!
Canterbury

Level : 50, 232
Items I Can Gift : NZL:, Fuel Catalyst, dnd, Bench, ATM, Whiskey, Cockpit Glass, Welder, Album, Landing Lamp, Copy Machine, Channel Bar, Passengers (10), P R Trans, Assembly Robot, Guestbook, Cognac, Fuel Supply, Jet Engine, Binocluars, Fuel Additves, Drill Machine, Optical System, Add Radar, w/G Bracelet, Cash Counter, Spare Wire, Lining Plate, Landing Gear, Osc Beacon,Flight Catering, Packaging Machine, Nav Module, City Model, Fuel Hose, Gyroscope, Spare Propeller, Deicer, Air Vent Filter, Turnstile, Fingerprint Reader, 3d printer, Wireless Compass, Washing Machine, Blanket, Altitude Indicator

Back to top Go down

Post by Bdot on Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:53 am

I read Quests as being anything on the left hand side (special Events included). I know there is a quest at on point to finish the Aztec Legacy mission, so to me and based on past experience the SpyGlass would be beneficial.

Erasmus,
Is the collection for your flight to Alesia listed as a quest on the side? if not, then I think that is why you had no luck with the SpyGlass. A Golden Dice would be your best bet.

This is all based on my past experience. If someone has different results, please post.

Bdot

Items I Can Gift : Update 4/8: All-Inclusive Bracelet, bench, air conditioner, pearl earrings, cockpit glass, welder, Travel Guide, landing lamp, Radar, Sandbag, Fuel (20), powerful radio transmitter, Spaceship engine, textbook, Eau de Toilette, Fuel Supply, Jet Engine, Wide Angle Binoculars, Power Source, Solar Cell, Makeup, Smoke Detector, Spare Wire, Server Rack, Landing Gear, Flight Catering, Oscillating Beacon, Weather Display, Navigation Module, Transmitter, fuel hose, gyroscope, spare prop, deicer, TV Panels, Podium, Dryer, compass, blanket

Back to top Go down

Post by GASBS on Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:16 pm

I'll second Erasmus's comment about the spyglass. I am currently flying to the ancient world destinations to get the Greek temple and only got one item from 28 flights even with the spyglass. That's worse than without using any 'magic' bonus at all! I'm assuming items that drop from the destinations for things like the aztec pyramid / greek temple / stonehenge are 'collectible' items and not 'quest' items. So in theory, the spyglass should work the best. Also, anyone know what constitutes a 'common' item?

Items I can gift - Straightjacket; Passengers (5); Fuel Catalyst; Do Not Disturb Sign; Air Conditioner; Chocolate Candies; Cockpit Glass; Generator; Album; Landing Lamp; Projector; Channel Bar; Fuel (20); Powerful Radio Transmitter; Video Wall; Laser Level; POS Terminal; Filled Candies; Fuel Supply; Jet Engine; Wide-angle Binoculars; Fuel Additives; Power Source; Communication Antenna; Additional Radar; White Gold Bracelet; Ergonomic Chair; Spare Wire; Stamp; Landing Gear; Oscillating Beacon; Flight Catering; Weather Display; Navigation Module; City Model; Fuel Hose; Altimeter; Spare Propeller; Deicer; Controller; Wireless Compass; Dryer; Blanket; Attitude Indicator; Screw Press; Earplugs; Fruit Lollipop; Boring Machine; Bed; E-reader.
GASBS

Level : 70
Items I Can Gift : See signature

Back to top Go down

Post by Bdot on Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:36 am

GASBS wrote:I'll second Erasmus's comment about the spyglass. I am currently flying to the ancient world destinations to get the Greek temple and only got one item from 28 flights even with the spyglass. That's worse than without using any 'magic' bonus at all! I'm assuming items that drop from the destinations for things like the aztec pyramid / greek temple / stonehenge are 'collectible' items and not 'quest' items. So in theory, the spyglass should work the best. Also, anyone know what constitutes a 'common' item?

GASBS,
I think you may have confused the purpose of the spyglass. The Spyglass say it increases the chance of a "Quest" item drop, so, to me, that means if it is not a quest than it wont help. Those flights have collectible items, so I believe the Golden Dice would be your only option to increase the drop rates.

Common Items to me are any items that are for Repair or Building requirements. Collectible would be something that translates to a collection in the treasure chest section of the menu. So for a flight to Buenos Aires, only collectible items are available. No common items.

Bdot

Back to top Go down

Post by GASBS on Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:27 am

Bdot wrote:
GASBS wrote:I'll second Erasmus's comment about the spyglass. I am currently flying to the ancient world destinations to get the Greek temple and only got one item from 28 flights even with the spyglass. That's worse than without using any 'magic' bonus at all! I'm assuming items that drop from the destinations for things like the aztec pyramid / greek temple / stonehenge are 'collectible' items and not 'quest' items. So in theory, the spyglass should work the best. Also, anyone know what constitutes a 'common' item?

GASBS,
I think you may have confused the purpose of the spyglass. The Spyglass say it increases the chance of a "Quest" item drop, so, to me, that means if it is not a quest than it wont help. Those flights have collectible items, so I believe the Golden Dice would be your only option to increase the drop rates.

Common Items to me are any items that are for Repair or Building requirements. Collectible would be something that translates to a collection in the treasure chest section of the menu. So for a flight to Buenos Aires, only collectible items are available. No common items.

Ah, yes, I think you might be right. The spyglass was never going to produce the results I was after! Golden dice it is then. Thanks Bdot for showing me the error of my ways!

Items I can gift - Straightjacket; Passengers (5); Fuel Catalyst; Do Not Disturb Sign; Air Conditioner; Chocolate Candies; Cockpit Glass; Generator; Album; Landing Lamp; Projector; Channel Bar; Fuel (20); Powerful Radio Transmitter; Video Wall; Laser Level; POS Terminal; Filled Candies; Fuel Supply; Jet Engine; Wide-angle Binoculars; Fuel Additives; Power Source; Communication Antenna; Additional Radar; White Gold Bracelet; Ergonomic Chair; Spare Wire; Stamp; Landing Gear; Oscillating Beacon; Flight Catering; Weather Display; Navigation Module; City Model; Fuel Hose; Altimeter; Spare Propeller; Deicer; Controller; Wireless Compass; Dryer; Blanket; Attitude Indicator; Screw Press; Earplugs; Fruit Lollipop; Boring Machine; Bed; E-reader.
GASBS

Level : 70
Items I Can Gift : See signature

Back to top Go down

Post by rjcasey on Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:35 am

The approach should be to amass as many items as possible in the aztec quest using the spyglass before completing any of the collections.

rjcasey

Back to top Go down

Post by rjcasey on Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:57 am

I haven't really seen a better place for this question so I will revive this thread. How do Map Chests fit into this? Are the collectable items, common items, or quest items?

rjcasey

Back to top Go down

Post by rjcasey on Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:02 pm

I got 18 knifes on 54 flights to Tollen with the golden dice.

rjcasey

Back to top Go down

Post by flying dutchman on Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:38 am

Hello fellow flyers,

I read above about the drop rates.
But can someone explane I have over 85 flight to Alesia.
Use two times golden dice three times spyglas and one sky captain.

Not one drop, those anyone have clue scratch

still smilling

gr
Orion

game user name: Atlantic  new game level 33 not very actif
friend code; akmssvs

secundary needed

- Fuel

Item I can give;ORION!!   Fuel3, Catalyst, DND sign, Chocolate candies, Generator, Photo album, Landing lamp, Writing desk, Paint, Powerful radio transmitter, U-balk, Passengers (10),  Fuel supply, Aircraft tire, Imprinter,Videowal, Fuel Additives, Projector, Additional Radar, Generator, White gold bracelet, Spare Wire, Insulation, Passenger seat, Cashterminal, Cashcounter,Videowall, Flight catering, Oscillating beacon, Cooling Chamber, Navigation Module, Fuel Hose, Altimeter, Spare Propeller,Archivebox, Deicer, Grinding machine, Wireless Compass, Blanket, Dryers, Laminator, Attitude Indicator, Drawingboard, Glazing Machines,Earplugs,Fruit Lollipops.update 15-07
.]
flying dutchman

Level : 55 orion 50 Atlantic
Items I Can Gift : Fuel3, Catalyst, DND sign, Chocolate candies, Generator, Photo album, Landing lamp, Writing desk, Paint, Powerful radio transmitter, U-balk, Passengers (10), Fuel supply, Aircraft tire, Imprinter,Videowal, Fuel Additives, Projector, Additional Radar, Generator, White gold bracelet, Spare Wire, Insulation, Passenger seat, Cashterminal, Cashcounter,Videowall, Flight catering, Oscillating beacon, Cooling Chamber, Navigation Module, Fuel Hose, Altimeter, Spare Propeller,Archivebox, Deicer, Grinding machine, Wireless Compass, Blanket, Dryers, Laminator, Attitude Indicator,Drawingboard, Glazing Machines,Earplugs,Fruit Lollipops

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top