Can anybody help with the username issue?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can anybody help with the username issue?

Post by jedverdejo on Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:53 pm

Hi,

I am stuck at the username glitch not being able to distinguish most of my neighbors. Nevertheless, many of you are reporting it is now working since a few days ago. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the game, to reset the table, to erase all the persons in the waiting list, and whatever option I could think of.

Do you have any hint on how to return to the "normal" way?

thanks in advance

regards
jedverdejo

Level : 50 / 50 / 50
Items I Can Gift : jedv - DND sign, goal?, automatic cashier, pearl collar, cockpit glass, welder, album, photocopier machine, steel, passengers (10), astro engine, pos terminal, cognac, binoculars, drill , solar cell, bracelet, cash counter, linning panel, cooling chamber, Archive Box, Gyroscope, Grinder, laptop?, metal arc?, monitor?, Holographic? , Glass?, Binoculars ?, Centrif.?, turnstile, 3d printer, infrarred cam // jedv2: DND sign, bench?, cashier, bonbon , cockpit, Welder, album, radar, steel, Pass. (10), tester robot, googles, cognac, jet motor, stapler, Power source, comm. ant., bracelet, amperimeter, laser cutter, landing, cooling chamber, Archive , Gyroscope, Grinder, Holographic? , Glass?, Binoculars? , Centrif.?, patrol drone, low cons. lamp, mov. sensor // jedv3: all-incl. bracelet, Robotic Lawnmower?, automatic cashier, whiskey, painting, generator, travel guide, projector, sand bag, passengers (10), laser level, guests book, cognac, tyre, whiteboard, drill, comm. antenna, bracelet, ergo chair, stamp, passenger seat, wheather panel, transmitter, altimeter, tv panel, major, patrol drone, hand drier, mov. sensor,

Back to top Go down

Re: Can anybody help with the username issue?

Post by tamildv on Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:16 pm

Hi jedverdejo,

I have struggled to find an V1.46 apk to even test it. I know gameInsight’s website says the version will vary depending on target platform.

Have you tried contacting gameinsight? They will ask for all sorts of details from you (phone make, model, software version etc etc..)

Sadly as far as I know the previous issue with username was due to a problem at their end – as I could not even “refresh for 1” the neighbours add list.

As far as I can tell, you are appearing on my device as normal and am able to send gifts as normal and appear to be receiving items from you ok, but by the sounds of it you are unable to send anything back properly.

It might be a bit too far – but would you consider rolling back to V1.42?

Keep you needed list updated and I will try to fill as much as I can while you try to sort out this problem.

Android: TDV19 (a73gb88) - Game abandoned Evil or Very Mad 
Android: TDV23 (aa0rgdo) - Game abandoned (V1.31)
iOS: TDVCrApple2 (TDVCrApple2) - Currently unable to gift back (V1.18) Evil or Very Mad 

T-DV1, T-DV2, T-DV3,TDV4,TDV17/TDV18 can't gift back

If your profile is not upto date I will not be able to send you anything.

Please post your friend code in Daily Swapping Thread. Please ensure your in-game name is filled out

If you like What I posted - click the Like button here:
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   V
tamildv

Level : 40 (276 stars), 9 Hearts

http://airportcity.the-talk.net/u50

Back to top Go down

Post by jedverdejo on Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:47 am

Thanks tamildv,

I restored a backup of the 1.44 version after making a backup of the data for this version. In the restored version the names were ok, but after applying the data for version 1.46, the username issue returned even in v1.44. Waiting for a pair of hours for an actualization of the names didn't work, so I applied the update to v1.46. Just waiting if the problem gets solved in a while ... but I am not optimistic.

I even tried to manually edit the airport xml file under data (moving it to a PC) comparing friend codes for old and new versions. But when i copied the file back the file to its location, the program thought I was initiating the game from scratch.

It is becoming a nightmare!

regards
jedverdejo

Items I Can Gift : jedv - DND sign, goal?, automatic cashier, pearl collar, cockpit glass, welder, album, photocopier machine, steel, passengers (10), astro engine, pos terminal, cognac, binoculars, drill , solar cell, bracelet, cash counter, linning panel, cooling chamber, Archive Box, Gyroscope, Grinder, laptop?, metal arc?, monitor?, Holographic? , Glass?, Binoculars ?, Centrif.?, turnstile, 3d printer, infrarred cam // jedv2: DND sign, bench?, cashier, bonbon , cockpit, Welder, album, radar, steel, Pass. (10), tester robot, googles, cognac, jet motor, stapler, Power source, comm. ant., bracelet, amperimeter, laser cutter, landing, cooling chamber, Archive , Gyroscope, Grinder, Holographic? , Glass?, Binoculars? , Centrif.?, patrol drone, low cons. lamp, mov. sensor // jedv3: all-incl. bracelet, Robotic Lawnmower?, automatic cashier, whiskey, painting, generator, travel guide, projector, sand bag, passengers (10), laser level, guests book, cognac, tyre, whiteboard, drill, comm. antenna, bracelet, ergo chair, stamp, passenger seat, wheather panel, transmitter, altimeter, tv panel, major, patrol drone, hand drier, mov. sensor,

Back to top Go down

Post by tamildv on Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:09 am

Ok the latest version is not using the XML file - I have not been able to find where the data is stored yet… but I can even delete the xml file and the game starts up as normal and all my buildings/progress is still maintained. But when I exit the game a new XML is written – any editing to the xml is ignored.

I tried the XML you provided with various versions of the game and out of the 67+ neighbours most appear as username and I could not find a way around that. I will need to analyse the file further to see where the error/problem is.

But either way if you want to stay on the latest version (anything after V1.46) editing the XML is useless. Let me know if you are interested in rolling back to V1.46 and I can let you know what you need to edit in file.

iOS: TDVCrApple2 (TDVCrApple2) - Currently unable to gift back (V1.18) Evil or Very Mad 

Please post your friend code in Daily Swapping Thread. Please ensure your in-game name is filled out

|
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   V
tamildv

Back to top Go down

Post by jedverdejo on Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:14 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your efforts tamildv.

I have arrived to the same conclusion that the data below /data/data/... is not being used properly. I also erased all the files (except those in the lib directory) and everything was almost as before after restarting the tablet (just to be sure that there is no information taken from the memory) and the game. The differences were that the state of things were not exactly the same (some days older). Furthermore, as you say, all the files were restored after that. So, there should be some kind of backup copy of this data.

But I have realized that not all the changes in the xml files are being ignored. I manually changed the name of a single user and this change was reflected in the game.

Just to test those hypothesis I restored a backup copy with version 1.46, made some changes and updated to version 1.50. After playing for a while, I made a new backup and restored it. Guess what ... the state of the game was the same as just at the time of updating. This is the same thing that was happening to me before all this testing, that is, when I restored a backup copy with version 1.50 I got an old state of the game (I guess it was the state at the day I did the upgrade).

So, main conclusions are: data in xml files are being partially ignored after version 1.46, some kind of backup mechanism is active, and there is no way to make a backup of the state of the game (it will roll back to some point).

On the other hand, newer versions install a new service. There are two services related to airport city running in my machine: a notification service (the old service) and a new push service.

BTW, I do not have an IMEI number as I am running the game in a table without 3G support.

More findings to come ... ;-)

regards

jedverdejo

Back to top Go down

Post by tamildv on Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:57 am

Hi jedverdejo,

Found this line in the XML, you could try

<float name="Player/m_fFriendRefreshTimer" value="750" />

Changing the number to see if it forces the game to refresh the names.

I am not too sure if this refreshes the neighbour names or just the possible friends list.

|
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   V
tamildv

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top